Within Valcon we are looking for a Consultant Data Science for our Predictive Analytics team. Within this team you will help clients to deliver value and improve business processes by applying techniques from the broad domain of AI & Machine Learning (for example statistics, mathematical modelling, optimisation, computer vision and NLP). Examples include better estimating credit risk for financial institutions, predicting the impact of promotions on retailer sales or mapping the retailer sales or mapping asset degeneration of a railway company.
Our team consists of professionals with diverse backgrounds who understand the organisation and the field and enable innovation. We do this in every layer of information architecture such as: artificial intelligence and data science, business processes and decision making, application and infrastructure or access, security and governance.
You will be
As a Consultant Data Science, you will work within a team of consultants and specialists who work on Data Science solutions for companies in various industries and with various applications. The focus of specialists is on the technical content of Data Science projects and therefore the design development and implementation of robust solutions. As a Consultant, your focus is more on the client’s perspective and is therefore aimed at “data science translation”. By this we mean understanding the client context & associated goals and translate them into solutions that are based on substantive Data Science methods.
- Advice on Data Science/Predictive Analytics applications.
- Identify key business issues (at a client) in order to translate them into appropriate Data.
- Science use cases for value creation.
- Identifying pain points within a market/domain and translating them into relevant Data Science applications.
- Realisation of Data Science/Predictive Analytics applications at clients, including:
- Technical development and implementation (with specialists) e.g. data collection and preparation;
- model developments and building ML pipelines;
- Aligning & explaining approach and result to business stakeholders;
- Securing the Data Science application in the business processes of the client;
- Identifying and quantifying added value for the client;
- Developing client proposals and propositions under the guidance of senior staff;
You will be joining one of the fastest growing consultancies in Europe. We are now +850 people. We’re doers who think. Who can take the client’s strategy, turn it into an actionable blueprint and help the client get it done. Who have deep expertise in operationalising strategy, process design, digitisation, data and analytics, automation, technology and change. But because the whole will always be greater than the sum of the parts, we weave these skills together in different ways to respond to new opportunities and challenges.
Can you say yes to the following?
- Enthusiastic and communicative in both analysing processes and client questions and in explaining the technological solution and results.
- Curious and interested in various business environments, eager to explore and learn from new technology.
- Experience with at least one Cloud platform (e.g. Microsoft Azure) is a plus.
- Mastery of at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R, Julia).
- Experience within Consulting is a definite plus.
- Experience in Agile-Scrum methodology is a plus.
- Real team-player with excellent communication & analytical skills.
- Fluent in Dutch
We offer you
The opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment with an informal culture, with a flat hierarchy, in which we cooperate across business areas and levels. You will be working with some of the most talented and experienced consultants, and you will become part of a value-driven company. In addition, you will receive direct freedom and responsibility in your work guided by structured coaching from your own mentor.
We care about results, not methodologies. But first and foremost, we care about people and how we can constantly challenge each other to become better. To do better. Your background is less important to us than your ability to create results, to create change. We prize excellence and ingenuity but know that both have to be grounded in reality. The reality of making our clients ready for the future.
Does this sound interesting to you? Then, please apply below. If you would like to know more or have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
We will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews on an on-going basis, so please send us your application as soon as possible.