The Business Controller is part of the leadership team for Valcon SEE. Reporting to the Group CFO with a dotted line to the Country Managing Partner, The Business Controller provides financial support, information, and analysis to country and group management and proposes ideas and suggestions for optimizing the business.
The Business Controller will manage all day-to-day financial aspects of Valcon SEE, liaising closely with external advisers to produce accurate monthly reports on a timely basis and all statutory reporting and is the sparring partner for the MP SEE for all financial-related matters.
The Business Controller will oversee and work with the finance functions and external accountants of the foreign subsidiaries, to maintain accounting standards, harmonized reporting structures, timely monthly closing, etc.
The Controller is Valcon SEE’s key representative in the Group Finance function and will be expected to participate in Group Finance working groups and initiatives.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with the Dutch finance administrator and with the outsourced Finance Administration partner
- Manage relationships with local finance functions in Croatia and Serbia and their external accountants
- Prepare monthly management accounts, including key KPIs and performance against ambition /plan. Proposes stretched ambition where possible
- Oversee preparation of annual statutory accounts with an outsourced Finance Administration partner
- Oversee timesheet completion and invoice preparation by the local Operations functions
- Initiate and manage annual budgeting process, obtaining appropriate input from key stakeholders in the business, challenge and discuss with small partner team
- Maintain rolling forecasts for the next 3 months and the full year. Requires good awareness of revenue pipeline and the ability to critically appraise its contents. Identifies gaps with the ambition
- Identify potential future shortfalls versus budget/plan in time for any remedial action to be taken and proposes interventions when needed
- Manage cash flow and liquidity between Valcon SEE and the foreign subsidiaries
- Actively manage debtors and cash flow in collaboration with Group CFO
- Provide strategic input to the Valcon Group finance function. Ensure that group policies are compatible with NL and foreign regulations
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Ensure the company always has appropriate insurance coverage
- Handle legal matters relating to eg company structure, with help of external legal advisors
- Manage the company risk register by the agreed review cycle
- Ensure all company registrations and external reporting are completed on a timely and accurate basis
- Support the integration of any acquisitions into the Valcon Group financial systems
- Any other tasks reasonably required by the business.
Skills and aptitudes:
- A “Can-do” attitude is critical to the ability and willingness to be flexible
- Credibility in front of senior stakeholders
- Ability to influence
- Attention to detail – desire to have things done correctly
- Strong leadership skills
- Fluent in English.
Education and training:
- A record of continuous professional development
- Either ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified.
We will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews on an ongoing basis, so please send us your application as soon as possible.