Valcon is looking an Azure Data Engineer with at least 2 years of project experience with hands-on experience in designing and implementing Azure Analytics solutions. Do you have what it takes to take on the role of Azure Data Engineer in a multidisciplinary project team and ensure that the client requirements are properly translated into the technical solution?
Our team consists of professionals with diverse backgrounds who understand the organisation and the field and enable innovation. We do this in every layer of information architecture such as: artificial intelligence and data science, business processes and decision making, application and infrastructure or access, security and governance.
You will be
- Implementing Data Integration, Data Storage or Data Management initiatives.
- Automate our Data Platform in Infra as Code (ARM / Terraform).
- Extend our solutions with new technology.
- Disseminate knowledge within Valcon through knowledge sessions.
- Discovering the possibilities of the ever-growing capabilities of Microsoft Azure.
You will be joining one of the fastest growing consultancies in Europe. We are now +850 people. We’re doers who think. Who can take the client’s strategy, turn it into an actionable blueprint and help the client get it done. Who have deep expertise in operationalising strategy, process design, digitisation, data and analytics, automation, technology and change. But because the whole will always be greater than the sum of the parts, we weave these skills together in different ways to respond to new opportunities and challenges.
Can you say yes to the following?
- Azure Data Lake.
- Data factory.
- Synapse Analytics.
- Azure SQL Databases.
- Azure Functions/Logic Apps.
- Data Catalog (Purview) and Databricks.
- Experience and knowledge of (relational or NoSQL) databases, data modeling, reporting, data warehousing, metadata and ETL within Microsoft Azure and on-premises environments.
- Working in and designing Azure DevOps solutions.
- Agile/Scrum mindset.
- Pro-active attitude and daring to colour outside the lines.
- Experience in automating and organising data loading processes.
- You have an Azure Data Engineer Associate certificate or or willing to obtain this certificate.
- You know your way around SQL, and preferably also Python.
- Real team-player with excellent communication & analytical skills.
- Fluent in Dutch.
We offer you
The opportunity to work in a diverse and international environment with an informal culture, with a flat hierarchy, in which we cooperate across business areas and levels. You will be working with some of the most talented and experienced consultants, and you will become part of a value-driven company. In addition, you will receive direct freedom and responsibility in your work guided by structured coaching from your own mentor.
We care about results, not methodologies. But first and foremost, we care about people and how we can constantly challenge each other to become better. To do better. Your background is less important to us than your ability to create results, to create change. We prize excellence and ingenuity but know that both have to be grounded in reality. The reality of making our clients ready for the future.
Does this sound interesting to you? Then, please apply below. If you would like to know more or have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
We will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews on an on-going basis, so please send us your application as soon as possible.